Orange Egypt and Microsoft held a joint startups and developers reach event in Cairo in September 2016. Entrepreneurs, developers and students convened in Greek Campus to learn more about the business to be made with APIs. Out of the 80 participants, 10% were startups, 60 to 70% developers, 20% students.
– The interactive sessions (Overview of Building Cloud-Connected Apps, Orange APIs 101 and Consuming Orange APIs from Xamarin) demonstrated the interest of the audience for Microsoft and Orange services.
– Orange and Microsoft are partnering to support the startups of Egypt. Orange supports the transformation of corporate customers and provides different communication channels and open Orange resources to entrepreneurs. Microsoft has a strong presence in the market and good relations with the developers and entrepreneurs community.
– The big announcement: more events are on the way and there will be a challenge with prizes. The challenge will be based on how to best use Orange API services and Microsoft Azure to build solutions. More news later.
– All the attendees!
– Microsoft Egypt: Aya Siam. Sarah Ahmed & Sherif ElMahdi
– Orange: Omer Arabayat & Mohamed Khaled
Looking forward to the next big event!